Nataly Kogan is the creator of the Happier Method, and an entrepreneur, speaker, and author, whose mission is to help millions of people optimize their emotional health through science-backed practical skills, so they can thrive in work and life.
She's the founder of Happier, whose online courses, Happier@Work Training Programmes, and her book Happier Now, have helped more than a million people live their best life.
In this week’s episode we explore why happiness is a set of skills that workers can build in any organization, and the small, practical ways this can be incorporated into even the busiest of days.
Connect with Nataly Kogan:
- [03:11] - Nataly shares the many benefits researchers are finding of having happier employees in workplaces.
- [05:53] - Nataly offers some tips for helping skeptical leaders discover the value of having happier employees.
- [09:02] - Nataly explains why our goal shouldn’t be perfecting the skills of happiness if we want to be happier.
- [11:57] - Nataly explains why measuring people’s levels of confidence and motivation to shape their wellbeing may be a better goal than overall happiness.
- [13:45] - Nataly explains how we can build our happiness skills at work.
- [15:46] - Nataly outlines the five key happiness skills every worker needs.
- [20:23] - Nataly provides some examples of how these happiness skills can be built in practices that take no more than a few minutes as people go about their jobs.
- [25:40] - Nataly offers some advice on how to help busy leaders embed these happiness skills into the way they work each day.
- [28:16] - Nataly completes the Lightning Round.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review of the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
You can also listen to all the episodes of Making Positive Psychology Work streamed directly to your smartphone or iPad through stitcher. No need for downloading or syncing.
Until next time, take care! Thank you Nataly!