Amy Wrzesniewski is a Professor of organizational behavior at the Yale School of Management. For almost two decades, her research has focused on how people make meaning of their work in challenging work contexts or conditions Her findings have been published in a wide range of top academic journals, and highlighted in several best-selling books and popular press outlets, including Forbes, Time, Business Week, Harvard Business Review, U.S. News and World Report, The Economist, as well as bestselling books such as Drive by Daniel Pink, The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Achor, Authentic Happiness by Martin Seligman, and The Art of Happiness by the Dalai Lama and Howard Cutler.
Do you wish you had more meaning in your work? Amy explains how you can craft your job, whatever your role and status, to find more meaning in what you do each day at work. She also shares practical tips for leaders to create an environment that encourages job crafting among employees to help them feel more proactive, engaged and productive at work.
Connect with Amy Wrzensieski:
- [02:10] - Amy defines job crafting.
- [04:02] - Amy explains the value of meaning in our work, including how it affects our job choices, longevity of a particular role, and peoples perception of their careers.
- [07:32] - Amy gives examples of how leaders can support job crafting for employees.
- [09:46] - Amy suggests ways people can create more meaning in their own work.
- [12:58] - Amy discusses the latest findings and developments in job crafting.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
You can also listen to all the episodes of Making Positive Psychology Work streamed directly to your smartphone or iPad through stitcher. No need for downloading or syncing.
Until next time, take care! Thank you Amy!