Kevin Schnieders is the Chief Servant Leader and CEO of Educational Data Systems, Inc. (EDSI). EDSI is a workplace development, customized training, and consulting company who provides innovative solutions to close workforce skill gaps around America. Since Kevin became CEO, EDSI has tripled in size.
In this conversation, you will hear Kevin talk about models and systems that he has implemented at EDSI. By talking with 450 EDSI employees in 45 days through this servant leadership model, Kevin has been able to understand his employees as individuals. You will hear him share the logistics of maintaining these relationships. EDSI has experienced incredible growth under Kevin and he explains the role that this model had in the success of the company.
- [01:50] - Kevin talked with 450 EDSI employees in 45 days. He talks about what led him to making the decision to take on this challenge and what he took away from these conversations.
- [02:40] - Kevin believes leaders need to understand their employees as individuals.
- [03:35] - Kevin talks about asking employees open-ended questions to get their opinions on the company.
- [04:26] - Kevin talks about some of the logistics to staying organized with the information his employees share with him.
- [05:25] - Kevin shares why he feels this investment in his employees is important and beneficial. He explains why he attributes the success of the company to this strategy.
- [07:14] - Kevin talks about buy-in with this servant leadership model across all levels of leadership and management with EDSI.
- [09:05] - EDSI is using other systems like the Best Reflective Self Exercise and The Immunity Map.
- [11:30] - EDSI believes in working to people’s strengths. They allow for people to try to grow in areas, but they don’t set people up for failure.
- [12:29] - Kevin talks about the feedback he receives from his employees.
- [15:17] - Kevin shares that there have been some models that EDSI tried that did not work out as planned.
Just Listen: Discover the Secret to Getting Through to Absolutely Anyone - Mark Goulston M.D & Keith Ferrazzi
The Secrets of Happy Families: Improve Your Mornings, Tell Your Family History, Fight Smarter, Go Out And Play, and Much More - Bruce Feiler
Center for Positive Organizations’ Positive Business Project
Educational Data Systems, Inc.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Special thanks to Kevin for joining me this week. Until next time, take care!