Ryan Niemiec is a leading expert in mindfulness based strengths practices. Ryan recently spoke at the Canadian Conference on Positive Psychology and in this conversation, he shares his thoughts and findings on mindfulness.
In this interview, you will hear Ryan’s insight into mindfulness. He shares how mindfulness based strength practice can have positive changes in people’s lives. Individuals can use positive psychology to help with problems as much as they do to flourish and mindfulness based strength practice helps manage these problems. Ryan also addresses some of the opposition to mindfulness and the idea that some people are not able to benefit from mindfulness.
This interview was produced in partnership with the Canadian Positive Psychology Association and the 3rd Canadian Conference on Positive Psychology.
Ryan Niemiec’s website: http://www.ryanniemiec.com/
● [2:35] - Self-regulation and curiosity are at the core of mindfulness.
● [4:18] - Ryan shares two ways to integrate self-regulation and curiosity.
● [5:35] - Ryan talks about his 8-week program, “Mindfulness Based Strength Practice”and explains the difference between this program and others.
● [8:10] - Mindfulness based strength practice has a large impact on positive relationships.
● [9:08] - Ryan shares how mindfulness based strength practice can help people manage their problems.
● [10:18] - Ryan provides information on how you can experience the 8-week program.
● [11:52] - Ryan addresses opposition to mindfulness and talks about the idea of deliberate mind-wandering.
● [13:32] - Are there some people that can’t benefit from mindfulness?
● [15:05] - New research on the development and application of character strengths.
● [18:19] - Ryan talks about bringing character strengths to our work and that leading to a “life-calling”.
● [20:00] - The lightning round with Ryan Niemiec
The Illusion of Separateness: A Novel - Simon Van Booy